Monday, February 23, 2009

Pwease, Jesus...

{Conversation between me and Korben (and Jesus) in Brookhaven on Friday, February 20, 2009.}

We're waiting in the drive through lineat Popeye's behind 2 other cars to when a firetruck passes on Brookway Boulevard with sirens screaming and lights flashing. Korben gets very excited!!

K: Wook, wook, Mama! A firetruck! A firetruck!!

Me: Yes, I see it!

K: Mama...where's the firetruck go? I don't see him.

Me: Well, baby, the firetruck must be on the way to a fire. Someone probably needs their help and so they're going to do their job and rescue somebody. They might have to put out a fire.

K: Oh. Okay, Mama. I'm sorry, I don't see the firetruck anymore.

Me: It's okay, Korben. You don't have to be sorry. I'll tell you what we need to do. Let's say a prayer for the firemen and the people that they're going to help. Let's pray that Jesus will keep everybody safe.

K: OKAY!!! We say prayer!

Me: Dear Jesus...

K: [Quickly clasping hands together and squinting eyes closed and WITHOUT PAUSE]
Dear Jesus, I want to see another one firetruck. PWEASE??? AMEN!

WOW!!! I love this boy so much!

No comments:

Korben Russell

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers