Marcie, from My Life as Marcie, tagged me in this survey. Here goes nothing!
1. Post these rules
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
6. Tag 11 people
11 Random Things about Me
1. This is the first blog post I’ve attempted since 2009 I think! WOW! I think I’m a little behind.
2. I MUST have a big cup of chocolate milk every morning. It makes me happy. :o)
3. I had rather listen to books on CD or something than to actually READ a book.
4. I love to type! It’s crazy.
5. I LOVE my family to death…especially the fact that we have to much extended family! Seriously…I don’t know what I would do without my “big happy family” (as Korben says).
6. I officially feel old because to me a great date is to eat at Applebee’s or even Dairy Queen and then ramble around Target for a while.
7. I am extremely forgetful lately! Should I be concerned that this is happening so early?
8. I WANT to exercise, but yet I DON’T exercise. Oh well. Ha!
9. I love nothing on this earth more than to hear Korben say “I love you, Mama”. MELT!
10. I can do a pretty awesome monkey noise. Oh yeah…mega talent here!
11. I could live off of french fries! (Which is most likely why I NEED to exercise, but don’t.)
Marcie's Questions for Me
1. What is your favorite baby girl and baby boy name? Of course Korben Russell is my favorite boy name. For a girl I used to have my heart set on Kylie Melayne, but now I’m not so sure. I also like the name Kate…who knows on this one.
2. Would you change anything about your wedding day? If so, what? YES!!! I would have definitely taken most of the pictures BEFORE the ceremony instead of afterwards. Also, I would have gone to a nice spa or salon to be pampered a little bit. Also…I think I would have gone to the tanning bed a LOT before my wedding day…what was I thinking!!
3. Your favorite recipe? Share it please. Ok here it is, but know ahead of time that I am awesome at making this, but I do NOT eat it! :o)
½ bag Pictsweet brand Seasoning Blend
4 cloves minced garlic
2 sticks Blue Bonnet margarine
¼ tsp. black pepper
2 good dashes crushed red pepper
1 tsp. salt
3 pkg. Bernard’s frozen crawfish tails
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans cream of celery soup
1 ½ tbs. Zataran’s liquid crab boil
1 tbs. parsley flakes
Sauté seasoning blend and garlic in margarine. Add crawfish tails, soups, black pepper, red pepper, and salt. Cook about 20 minutes and taste (may need more salt and/or pepper).
Add parsley flakes. Simmer and stir occasionally.
Serve over hot rice with rolls, ice tea, and green salad.
TO DOUBLE THE RECIPE:
You can use the whole bag of Seasoning Blend, 5 pkgs. Bernard’s frozen crawfish tails; as well as, doubling all other ingredients.
4. Your dream job? To work from home making cute invitations and party favors. That would just be awesome!
5. What is your favorite bible verse? “Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.” James 1:2-3
6. Would you rather go to the dentist or the doctor? Hmmm…that’s a tough one. I guess dentist, but I’m not really a fan of going there either.
7. If you could visit any place for the summer, where and why? I don’t know if summer would be the best time for this, but I really want to go to Wyoming and Colorado one day. Kyle went there when he was younger and he absolutely loved it and talks about that trip all the time. We want to go there as a family one day.
8. What is your night time routine? Get everyone fed, chill out in my recliner for a little bit, play with Korben, get my bath while Kyle gives Korben his bath, read Korben’s Bible devotion to him, snuggle with him in the recliner a little, then head to my bed and read my Bible before watching the news and drifting off to lala land. :o)
9. How many children would you like to complete your family? This varies from day to day. Most days I’m totally happy with my only son, but then I have to admit that there are also times that I daydream about having another child. Who knows what the future will hold.
10. Share your favorite picture of you and your family, and tell what you like about it. We took this picture in December of 2010 on some land that has been in my family for over 100 years! I love the huge tree in the background because my Poppa used to talk about that big tree and how it was a tiny little thing when he was a little boy and how he used to be able to climb it and play. It is HUGE and just reminds me of family!
11. If you suffered with infertility, how long did it take you to go to a baby shower, or not feel jealous over a pregnant woman? How did you deal? Share any infertility advice. As you know, I had to continue going to baby showers even when I really didn’t want to go. No matter how much time went by, they were all extremely hard on me. I just tried to keep reminding myself that I wouldn’t wish infertility or pregnancy difficulties on anyone and that I just needed to be happy for those women and pray that God would continue to help me SURRENDER my own desires for a child to Him. It wasn’t a simple process, but I was basically just honest with God about how I felt and asked Him to help me day by day. I personally had to come to the point where I could say (and truly KNOW in my heart) that even if God never chose to bless me with a child, HE WAS ENOUGH. Once I started focusing on God more and His will for my life, then I wasn’t constantly thinking about myself and my own wants and wishes. None of it is easy though.
My Questions for You...
1. Did you play any sports in school?
2. How long have you been married?
3. What is something that you like to do when it’s just you and your besties?
4. Is your college degree directly related to your current job?
5. Are you mad at me for tagging you?
6. What is your favorite restaurant and food?
7. Favorite vacation spot for a family with young children?
8. Do you have any money-saving/budgeting tips?
9. How do you handle difficult situations that you encounter?
10. What is your favorite thing to do on a day off work?
11. How do you manage the stress of work, family, kids, etc.?
Here are the lucky ones (please don’t kill me)...TAG!!
Neisha - The Leggett Family
Angela – Life with Cliff, Angela, and Amelia
Tonya – The Bishop Family
I know this isn't 11 people but SERIOUSLY…this is all I can come up with!