Tuesday, November 4, 2008

OMG!! I had a Surprise Party!!

I turned the Big 3-0 on Sunday, October 19th. Kyle was at work, my sister was at work, my Mama was sick, my Daddy was in Oklahoma deer hunting, my in-laws were busy...can we just say that it was a kind of depressing day? Don't get me wrong. Korben and I got ready and went to church. Then we came home to a very quiet house, ate some chicken strips, fried okra, and french fries, and then Korben took a MUCH NEEDED nap. I was bored out of my mind!! So I went to my room and painted a canvas to use the next Sunday for the altar flowers at church. Then the 2 of us went back to church that night, came home, and went to bed. Nothing too exciting. Nothing special. Just another day.

But THEN...on the day of Korben's birthday party, THEY GOT ME!! We were pretty much done with Korben's party and people were just hanging around talking, visiting, etc. and then Kyle starts making some big announcement (which my oldest niece, Micah, thinks was just SO COOL) that we have another birthday to celebrate. Well, when I turned around the table (that I had just finished cleaning off) was COVERED with presents for ME. And there was a whole new cake for ME. And there were other people driving up with pizza (and a Dairy Queen chicken strip basket for ME)!!! It was so much fun and I was so excited!!

I must say, I'm very proud of my sweet hubby for pulling it all off. Everybody probably knows that I am the QUEEN of asking a million questions and wanting to make plans and know exactly what's going on, so it's a miracle that I had not figured this out already. ha ha! Kyle said that the Lord took care of it because evidently he had slipped up a couple of times and left address lists laying around the house and stuff like that and luckily I didn't notice. NOT LIKE ME. ha ha!

Kyle and I just after the big surprise!
Thanks, baby! I love you!!
MY cake and presents.
We got so lucky. We got to eat TWO cakes in one day!
Our attempt at a family picture on Korben's birthday.
(This was taken later that night at Micah's Pee Wee Homecoming.)

I love my sweet boys so much!!! What a lucky girl!

OH...by the way...I also need to say thanks to my mama, sister, mother-in-law, aunts...everybody else who helped Kyle pull this off. I really enjoyed it and appreciate all of your efforts. ha ha!! THANKS!!

No comments:

Korben Russell

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers