Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm Baaack!!

Well...it's been OVER A YEAR! I got so busy just keeping up with all of my photos on-line that I neglected my poor 'ole blog. :o( I know, I know...you don't EVEN have to tell me. I'm a terrible person! LOL! WHATEVER..........

Things have been quite busy in my life. Nothing extra special, just the day to day to DAY stuff. But still, writing blog entries hasn't been at the top of my list. However, I have SO ENJOYED reading lots of other blogs. If you get a chance you should click on some of the links under "Blogs I Follow" and check some of them out.

Anyway, a little update on me and my family.
1. I'm STILL working at Co-Lin. New title, same office, same itty bitty paycheck. LOL. Gotta love it though.
2. Kyle just recently started a new job in August. He's working offshore now. (Again, I get an ITTY BITTY paycheck!) So far he has made 2 hitches. The first one was VERY hard on him. He missed me a little bit, but man oh man...did he EVER miss his little boy!! It was so hard for him to be away from Korben. I have to admit, I really missed Kyle too. He's not your average husband. He's a very hands on husband/daddy. He can't stand to have a dirty dish in the sink or dirty clothes laying around (great for me)!! So I had to really step up while he was gone and do my share of the "chores". But we made it fine and he really likes the work. So hopefully this will work out for him for a while.
3. KORBEN...Where to even begin. Gosh...according to my last post he was just learning how to pull himself up to a stand. Boy! Have we EVER come a long way since then!!! He will be 2 years old in less than a month. My baby is not a baby anymore, but more like a very active, SMART, little toddler person. With his own ideas, likes, DISLIKES, and just this whole little personality all of his own. It has been so awesome to watch him grow and learn new things...especially how to express himself.

Things Korben can do NOW (some of these might sound stupid, but it's been a while so I'm going to REALLY catch you up by hitting some of the high spots):
  • walk, run, climb stairs/steps with NO assistance, turn flips (you name it)
  • feed himself (when he wants to and when I'll let him)
  • request his favorite TV shows (i.e., the Backyardigans, Dora, Diego, Blues Clues, Franklin, Little Bear, Max and Ruby, Wow Wow Wubbzy, Letters (referring to a Leap Frog "Letter Factory" DVD), Yo Gabba Gabby (I have a really hard time tolerating this one), the Backyardigans, the Backyardigans, AND the Backyardings!!!)
  • can put just about any preschool aged puzzle together lickity split
  • LOVES to read books and point out and name every picture in the book
  • attempts to say his ABC's (he's got the rhythm down pat and you can actually understand about every 3rd or 4th letter...but he's getting there)
  • knows his colors (red, orange, yellow, blue, green, purple, AQUA, black, brown, white, and pink)
  • knows circle, triangle, and rectangle. for some reason he won't say square. ha ha!
  • sleeps ALL NIGHT LONG in his own bed (still in his crib...no rush getting him out of it. Especially since he hasn't tried to escape it yet ~ knock on wood)
  • loves to ride the 4-wheeler, tractor, lawnmower...pretty much anything that has wheels/tires (or TARS as Korben says it)
  • loves to congratulate himself (For instance, he'll point to something and say what it is like "Triangle. That's right!!! A triangle!" ha ha! He's giving himself positive reinforcement. LOL!)

ok...I think that's about enough of that for now. As you can tell though...he has really really changed since the last post and is SO MUCH FUN!!! Updated photos to follow.

It's good to be back in the blogging world!

No comments:

Korben Russell

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers